Saturday, November 7, 2015

Treating Gusty´s Infected Mouth Wound Naturally



One of our young dogs Gusty punched a hole inside his mouth while enthusiastically chewing on a meaty bone. Typically, the hole inside his mouth closed almost completely and a huge swelling occurred on the outside, on the side of his muzzle.

In the past, I would have put him on antibiotics, but not today, having learned a different approach the natural way.

Knowing my dogs more than well and knowing how nourished they are and that their immune systems are strong, I decided for reaching out to a holistic approach.
Monitoring Gusty's temperature and attitude (and boy, was he happy, cheerful and playful as ever the entire time! And no, he never got a fever) I have put him on an anti-inflammatory, natural antibiotic and immunity stimulating remedy blend for two weeks. 


He was also getting the HEALING remedy I mix from Bach flower essences (and which is an integral part of our home pharmacy) into his food and dripped on the wound inside his mouth, plus an herbal oil gently massaged into the skin on the outside of the wound.
Gusty´s anti-inflammatory remedy you see here contains:

1 tsp dried echinacea
1 tsp ground milk thistle seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 pinches of fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp raw coconut oil
1/4 tsp true cinnamon powder

We added the blend into Gusty´s food 2x day, plus 1 fresh garlic clover chopped finely into his dinner.

Gusty's swelling reduced almost completely within 2 days (yes, that is how a strong immune system kicks ass) and it was gone completely by day 3.

I find it important to remain on the cure for a while, I often opt for 2-3 weeks depending on the case, as I want to make sure any infection or inflammation is gone and the immune system fully boosted.


This article, just like any other of my writings is just sharing my experience and showing that the natural way is the way to go, that herbal medicine is powerful and safe, plus much more gentle on the patient. I am, in no way, saying you should stop visiting your vet and experiment on your dogs 
😁
What I would like to encourage you to do, however, is to open your eyes and hearts to a learning process, to self education about your animals' health. To find good holistic vets and therapists and find a way to help your animals be happier and healthier and to live with us longer.

No comments: